Mystery Box FAQ
Are Mystery Boxes for me?
I don't know Beryl, do you like mystery? Do you like good value? Are you a surprise person? Do you need someone else to dress your child? Then yes, probably, mystery boxes are for you.
Do you hate surprises? Do your children have opinions that you can't change with bribery? DO YOU HATE FUN? Then Mystery Boxes may not be for you.
Are Mystery Boxes just unsold and unloved stock?
All stock is unsold stock until it leaves my premises. Just saying.
What if I don't like my Mystery Box?
As a helpful guide, here are our approximate guidelines for selling on:
Dungs, PJ sets, dresses: £13 per item
Hoodies/Hooded Onesies: £18-£25 ish
Rare or HTF items should not attract a premium - we didn't charge you one, so please share the love.
Can I return a Mystery Box?
We do have a policy that if you return more than three mystery boxes in a 12 month period, further MB orders will be declined - this is to help keep it fair for everyone, to stop people playing the rare print lottery and to reduce Lou's blood pressure.
Are your Mystery Boxes the best out there?
Can I leave requests? You have a notes section!!
This has now evolved to more general preferences etc so here's a breakdown of reasonable versus unreasonable requests.
- My child has sensory issues so please no hats, only long sleeves etc
- My kiddo is super girly
- My child is called ‘fox’, any chance?
- We’d prefer no [brand name]
- We’d love some sleepwear if there are any
- No vehicles please
- My child likes to twirl, only twirly dresses please
- My kiddo only wears pink and yellow
- My child is called ‘violet’, any chance?
- We’d prefer only well known scandi brands
- I want at least one hoodie and at least one dress
- No vehicles or animals
- My child will only entertain the finest vintage black label scandi, everything else grates on her delicate skin.
- My kiddo only wears vintage Duns floral prints and NOTHING else
- My child is called ‘Mother Earth’, any chance?
- We only want Duns
- We only want items whose re-sale price is over £20 per item
- We entertain nothing in the known universe except flowers
Unisex v Girls boxes
Yes! You can split sizes in your box. You can have 2 sizes in a mini mystery box and more in the regular or large boxes. Please specify in the notes.
Can I have more than one size in a box?
Minimum & Expected Items Guide:
You can expect to get:
Tops, Trousers, Leggings, Underwear, Rompers
You can expect to get:
As above, plus: hoodies, zipsuits, dresses, PJs
As above, plus hooded onesies.
Yes there is a chance you might encounter duplicates. I try to check previous order(s) but if you're on your 10th Mystery Box then it might be a bit harder. If you're worried, it might be best to leave some time between boxes as I'm realistically only going to check the last two or three. Leaving time allows for new stock to become available.