Drop Day Survival Guide
Drop day can be stressful on Scandi lovers whether they are buying, or selling! The hype around Duns Autumn drop has been massive, with a really beautiful nature themed collection. We have written a (partly) serious guide to avoiding drop day disappointment.
It’s important to make sure you are in peak condition. You don't want accidental sausage fingers to get in the way of that perfect rowanberry twirly... so you will need to take the following into consideration.
1. What's your reaction time like? You need to make sure that you have the fastest finger in the game. Here is a test you can use to check your reaction speed.
2. Start exercising morning and night on the run up to Friday lunchtime. To increase the dexterity of your fingers, place your hands on a flat surface with your palms facing down and lift and lower each finger sequentially, beginning with the index finger and then reversing the direction. Repeat several times a day to increase your speed.
3. Start warm up hand exercises at around 11.30 to make sure your fingers are raring and ready to go.
Drop day can be a genuinely stressful experience. Being as relaxed and calm as possible will help you gain your DISO on drop day. There has never been a better day to practice ‘fika’, a sacred Swedish social ritual meaning ‘taking a break for coffee and enjoying a small treat (AKA a full basket of Scandi clothes).
1. Put yourself somewhere calm, and quiet if possible (scented candles and whale song are recommended)
2. Try and occupy the children with a task to start just before 12. We recommend our personal baby sitters - CocoMelon, Blippi and Paw Patrol.
3. Surround yourself with pictures of Scandinavian legends to bring you luck.
In all seriousness, there are some things you can do to make your life easier on drop day. Being prepared will help you get what you want, especially if you have a big wish list.
1. Check the listings of who has what available in the photo albums at ‘Love for the Duns’ Facebook group. This will help you narrow down which indies to use if Grimble Tot don't have everything you need. We urge you to support other small independent retailers if we aren't able to provide everything you need on drop day.
2. Have a physical shopping list so that you can tick off the products as you confirm orders.
3. Make sure you are signed in to the website(s) and PayPal under the right account well in advance of 12pm.
4. Have a different tab open for each item you want to buy, type your product in the search bar but don't click
5. As soon as 12pm hits, run the search and add your product to the shopping cart in each tab. When your final item is added, checkout using the express option wherever possible! The items you add should accumulate in the basket in each tab.
If you are after very in demand items, it might benefit you to check out each item individually, in order of popularity! (Cheeky bonus, with Grimble Tot every drop day order gets an entry into the draw for a mini mystery box as well as other drop day perks)
DISCLAIMER - These are all recommendations based on the Grimble Tot website, I'm afraid we can't take responsibility if you don't get everything on your wish list.